Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spotlight Sunday!



What is your Real Name?
Nancy Owen

What are you Known as in "forums"/"blogs"?
 Fancy With Nancy
 
 Short Bio ~
Mom of two with an amazing supportive husband. I am a tech person, programmer/web design/databases etc but I am trying to find a less stressful way to bring in income and be available for my kids whenever they need me.

My favorites: Paper, sushi, mac and cheese and loads of extra time.

How did you learn to do Scrapbooking (or Craft?) 
I have always been interested in paper. I am mostly self-taught but I found a fun group of Stampin' Up ladies that are great resources.

How Long have you been Scrapbooking (or Crafting?) As long as I can remember!

What "style" would you describe your Personal crafting? 
Simple with Flourish

Do you do any Digital Scrapbooking or other digital media art? 
I do design work: websites, logos, blog designs etc.

What are your 3 favorite projects and why?
My vacation albums are always my favorite.

What are some of the drawback to the craft you find?
Not enough time to do it!

What are some of the enjoyments to the craft you find? 
Total stress relief. I can craft for hours.

Do you use sketches? 
Sometimes, but most of the time no.

Where do you find Inspiration?
In real life. I like to compliment my pictures with a page that is not overpowering but has elements of what is in the pictures. For example, textures, colors, tones etc.


Do you belong on any "Design teams" now or in the past? 
Nope, first one. The Scrapoholic

When you loose your "mojo" how do you get it back? 
Stop whatever I am working on and come back at a later time.

Can you briefly describe how your process of creating begins? Such as with color, theme, etc choice? 
I always start by looking at the picture. I always like to choose the colors first and then the stamp set that I am going to use to compliment it.

What are your top 3 favorite tools? 
ATG, my computer and all my punches.

What are your Top 3 favorite embellishments? 
Flowers, glitter and rhinestones

What are your some ideas you share with others?
The best glue or tape for the job

What advice would you give to a newbie just starting in this crafting? 
Start simple with just a few integral tools. It is amazing what you can come up with when you have limited resources because you have to be so creative to get the most out of what you have. Sometimes, I even limit myself to certain things when I work on a page just to see how far I can push it.

Any organizational tips you'd like to share?
Label your stamp pads and organize by type not by color.

Any Budget Cost cutting tips?
I don't buy any patterned paper. I use my stamps to create the paper I need because the possibilities are endless!

What made you decide to start a Blog, website, Facebook Fan page, etc?
I finally had time! I had been meaning to start it for a long time but my day job was always getting int he way :)

What are the web addresses to all your places?
http://blog.fancywithnancy.com

Do you sell any of your crafting projects?
Yes, I sell mini domino pendant necklaces.





Be Sure to stop on by Nancy's Blog and Say hello, have a look around, leave some love and maybe even be a follower :) 

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

 
01 09 10