Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Cards and Gifts Blog Hop!

Welcome to The Scrapoholic, 
  I apologize for blogger not posting when I had this scheduled to post at 4 am this morning!
you should have just come from Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper  
If not please go to the beginning of the hop which starts at 
Jamie at Glitter, Stamps, and Paper, Oh My    

Otherwise if your following the hop in order, stay here and enjoy my 2 (two) projects for you today! I couldn't decide on which to do and really love how both turned out. They make great gifts too!

The First one is an altered papermache book I got a Joann's, I think for $3.99. It opens up to be able to store things in. I got the inspiration from someone's blog they did theirs quite different and for decoration. While mine has a multi-purpose use. It can be displayed as a decoration and at the same time be a keepsake for Letters to Santa over the years that your kids write and/or Santa writes back.  I sell these for $10 + shipping. If you'd like a custom made one let me know I can do them in different colors and things too. Just email me at TheScrapoholic@gmail.com.  So I basically painted the book brown with gold acrylic paint as seen here:

I added a printed sticker to the book.

The opened view of the book

Then I started with all these supplies:

I then inked all paper edges in Pear CTMH Ink. I adhered the CTMH Mistletoe papers down with my ATG gun and glue dots. The Stamp of Santa is a CTMH clear acrylic stamp set retails for $13.95 which can be purchased HERE and if you add just $7.05 more in CTMH products you will recieve a free D size stamp (retails for $22.95) what a great deal huh!? I think so! I added green gross grain ribbon and prima poinsettias. I hand wrote "Letters to Santa" with my CTMH Holiday Red and Chocolate color markers
This is the finished front Cover:



This is the inside of the box decorated with just some CTMH Mistletoe Papers:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2nd Project I did was an Altered Clipboard! its a 12 x12 CTMH White ccliboard (now retired) wish i had more this sure was a fun project and i want to do more.
I started with all these supplies:


I then adhered down all the papers which are the new CTMH Wings B&T Paper (available next year in Jan) I simply cut and used both sides. I used CTMH Cardstock to cut out Goofy from the cricut using Disney Mickey and Friends cardtridge. I used a 6x6 peice of "Cork board" which was adhered using U-Glue Dashes. I also used CTMH chipboard bookplates, circle and squares covered them with paper and adhered them to the clip board with the U-Glue dashes along with the metal "clips" that are attached to the chipboard using a brad and U-Glue dashes. I also covered a pen with paper and simply adhered the paper with my ATG gun adhesive and wrapped it around the pen tightly by rolling the pen. I used assorted ribbons to embellish. 





The best part of the whole board is the "Dry Erase Board" which I made using a "photo mat" like and cut a peice of plastic from a clear box to fit and adhered it using photo anchors.  Yes, you can write on the recycled clear plastic with Dry Erase markers just like on a Dry erase board! How cool is that right!!! Wipes right off using a cloth or tissue that easily!

Leave me some Love and a way to contact you and you can win a package of  
CTMH adhesive Gems (pearls). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now you are off to continue hopping along right on over to 
Stacey at Stacey's Creative Corner  
http://staceyscreativecorner. blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the whole Blog List of Blogs participating in case you get lost along the way.

-Jamie at Glitter, Stamps, and Paper, Oh My   http://www. glitterstampsandpaperohmy.com
-Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper   http://overjoyedscrapper. blogspot.com
-Jill at The Scrapaholic http://thescrapoholic.blogspot .com
-Stacey at Stacey's Creative Corner http://staceyscreativecorner. blogspot.com
-Mandy at the Polka Dot Spot http://stamping4u.blogspot.com
-Nikki at The Glamorous Side of Scrapping http://www. theglamoroussideofscrapping. blogspot.com
-Nicolette at Beyond Scrapin www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com
-Liz at Skittles and Scrapbooks http://skittles-and- scrapbooks.blogspot.com/
-KarelJ at One by One the Flamingos are Stealing my Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com
-Sandra at Sandy's Scrapbooks http://sandysscrapbooks. blogspot.com/
-Kristin at Lil Sweetpea's Place http://lilsweetpeasplace. blogspot.com/
-Meighen at Scrappin_3rdeeschik http://scrappin3rdeeschik. blogspot.com/
-Jennifer at Crafty Card Gallery www.craftycardgallery. blogspot.com
-Denise at Dee's Designs from my hearthttp:// deesdesignsfrommyheart. blogspot.com
-Dorly at Moderna Art & Designs http://modernadesignsart. blogspot.com/

50 comments:

  1. Jill,
    Lovely projects, very useful and neat.
    I'm a follower, TFS
    Hugs,
    Dorly Weitzen, Israel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the book!!
    lynlee4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and what great ideas! Love them!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful projects...TFS!!
    reanie@valornet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects. The box is awesome and I never thought to do a clipboard! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the box! Both projects came out very well. TFS!

    Windryderdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects! Thanks for the chance to win!
    ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that book what a great idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your projects are great. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. I am a follower.

    patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill-

    What fun projects!
    I love the altered book with the idea of keeping Santa letters in there. I love the papers you used to decorate it and the placement of everything on the cover. What a great way to hold those memories for years to come!
    The altered clipboard is so neat how you have the different sections for corkboard, dry erase board and such. I love it! Goofy is one of my favorite "Mickey" characters so of course I love that he's added on here.

    You should be really proud of them! Thanks for joining in the hop!


    Jamie
    bamiester(at)gmail(dot)com
    www.glitterstampsandpaperohmy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your box. A wonderful idea for your Christmas keepsakes.
    Krista from www.KristasPaperCafe.com
    Dee invited me to the blog hop.
    http://deesdesignsfrommyheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. great projects thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute projects. I love the book idea.
    lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome projects! Love the versitle clipboard and I love secret books! I'll have to get one just because :)

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your projects - nice gift ideals. I became a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How clever and creative!!! Just awesome.
    Thanks for the chance to win.
    annadowdy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is too cute!! And such a great idea! I'm already a follower. Thanks for a chance to win! Happy Holidays!

    Terrie Barroso
    terriennz@att.net
    crafteecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in love with the Letter's to Santa box!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great projects! Never thought of using plastic for dry erase :) tfi

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. great projects.. thanks for sharing..
    Theresa
    http://juicycricutcards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. super cute and creative

    Darlene
    desaucier at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love them both!! That clipboard is my fav because it's cool and useful too! :)


    TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com
    cplamond@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both are cute ideas.

    Thanks for being part of the blog.

    Sue
    rolfe974@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such cute project, they turned out so adorable! I love the book the best!
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What adorable projects! I'm so glad you decided to do them all! Thanks for sharing. http://karelj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. love , love, love this. especially the dry erase board. thanks for sharing.

    rhelm@tampabay.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such cute projects. Great inspiration.
    Nikki
    glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
    www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute! I am soo gonna have to do one of the keepsake boxes now :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What great ideas. I have seen those paper mache books and wondered what to do with them. You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WoW..you have been one busy lady. The projects are beautiful. Really love the Santas Letter box.! TFS
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!
    kathlee154@gmail.com
    http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the Santa letter book!!!!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love both ideas! I will be doing the Santa Letter idea! Love it, Love it, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an awesome idea and tip with the dry erase board! Gonna have to try that out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your projects! I have one of those books and I've been looking for an idea! Thanks!

    And your bulletin board is just too cute for words. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great ideas! Love the message board especially! TFS!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. What great projects!! I especially love the book, I love the vintage feel of it!! Thanks for sharing with all of us!!

    debpaint16@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh this is really cool! I love altered things.
    I am already a follower of your blog
    TFS and a chance to win
    Bonnie C
    http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
    ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very nice projects. TFS

    pam_lash at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great ideas and so cute! Thanks for sharing!
    rebecca dot higinbothom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the Altered Book in any form, but especially this one. Merry Christmas. I am a new follower. All I want for Christmas is supplies-LOL. email is ne.ene.e.rb@gmall.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both these projects are great and so needed. Love the papers you used. TFS

    I am also in a hop and if you would like to hop on over.

    Kathryn
    www.wamfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the white board trick. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  43. love that clipboard. Disney is a fav of mine
    scrtsbpal at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love both projects. I love to make crafts that will used and not just collect or thrown away. TFS & Merry Christmas
    Shari . . .

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love how this turned out. Such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, 2 great projects. Thanks for sharing.
    reneeleeak at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts I love to hear constructive feedback

01 09 10