Saturday, March 12, 2016

Canvas Vinyl Quote Craft Project

My daughter chose the quote for her Best Friend.  She was putting together a Birthday gift Package to send to her. I have a couple other projects, we made that I'll be sharing. We use to live in So. Cal but moved back to Oregon in 2011.  She misses her friend alot but I have to say, I am surprised at how great they've stayed in touch and remained friends. I've lost touch with alot of friends over the years after moving and I'm an adult. I find today the youth of America friendships don't mean what they use to. My kids and some of my friends kids have roken friendships that never mend over the silliest things. 

Anyways, I used an 8x8 Canvas, bought it years ago at Goodwill for 50 cents! It was painted a weird "bronze" color.  My daughter painted it a metallic purple. She used Folk Art Metallic Purple paint. I created the quote in Make the Cut, I'm sorry, I don't remember what font I used. I will have the Quote available in my Etsy shop somewhat soon, I am working on several versions and in a few different fonts and mixed fonts too. I cut it from Oracle (651) Permanent Metallic Silver Vinyl, that I purchased at Expressionsvinyl.com  It being an intricut and small cut, it was a bit difficult getting all apart and put on the canvas. Even with the transfer tape, not sure if its because it was my first time using permanent metallic vinyl or because of the issues with my right arm and hand. I've used the same vinyl since and not had any issues even with small and intricut cuts. I did run my heat gun over the canvas for a bit and just "rubbed" in the vinyl to get in the "textured" surface. I then sprayed a clear Modge Podge over the Canvas to "seal" it.

Its pretty simple canvas project but the girl LOVED it! 



Until Next Time...
Happy Crafting!
TTFN The Scrapoholic aka Jill
01 09 10