Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spotlight Sunday!


Today I am honored to be a Guest Blogger over at Madison's Blog!  I haven't been doing well at keeping up with my Spotlight Sunday's so I thought as of Today I will be spotlighting someone every Sunday! Today in honor of Madison's Birthday Celebration She will be Spotlighted today!


What is your Real Name?
Madison Womack

What are you Known as in "forums"/"blogs"?
Madcrafter

Short Bio ~ 
I am a high school student.  I enjoy all things craft related.  In addition, I play volleyball for my high school team.  There’s nothing like a great bowl of pasta with vegetables.  I hope one day to have to my own successful business as both a graphic designer and interior designer.

What is your favorite Craft?
My favorite craft at the moment is designing and creating greeting cards.

How Did Discover Scrapbooking (or Craft?)
I started making greeting cards to raise money so I could play club volleyball.  I loved it so much I kept making cards.

How did you learn to do Scrapbooking (or Craft?)
I would have to say I watched a lot of You tube videos and taught myself.

How Long have you been Scrapbooking (or Crafting?)
I have been designing and creating cards since November of 2009, or just over one year.

What "style" would you describe your Personal crafting?
Oh, I would have to say that I like to make “Funky Cards.”

Do you do any Digital Scrapbooking or other digital media art?
I haven’t ventured done any digital art yet.

What are some of the drawback to the craft you find?
The drawback to crafting is that is can get costly.  There are so many cool products and new products coming out all the time and I have to tell myself “NO!”

What are some of the enjoyments to the craft you find?
I love spending time with my mom crafting.  We have fun crafting together.  And I like looking at all the cards I made.

Do you use sketches?
Sometimes I use sketches, like if there is a challenge on a blog.

Where do you find Inspiration?
I typically find inspiration in the events that are happening around me.

Do you belong on any "Design teams" now or in the past?
Yes, I am currently on the design team for Cooking with CricutI was recently named as Honorable Mention in the Design Team Call for Robyn at My Pink StamperThat was really exciting. I was also a design team member for Heartstrings.

When you loose your "mojo" how do you get it back?
I take a break and bring a cup of hot chocolate!

Can you briefly describe how your process of creating begins? Such as with color, theme, etc choice?
It all depends.  Typically I have a purpose.  A need I am filling.  I start with the need.  I try to visualize a finished project.  I take it back to the beginning and see what it will take to get there.  I pull paper and embellishments and most often it comes together from there.

What are your top 3 favorite tools?
I love my Cricut, Gypsy, and Cuttlebug☺

What are your Top 3 favorite embellishments?
There are so many.  I love adding gems, gel pen stitching, and flowers.

What advice would you give to a newbie just starting in this crafting?
I was there too!   You have it in you.  Don’t be afraid to experiment and make mistakes.  Not everything will work the first time.  This is a subjective hobby.  If you love it, it is perfect!

Any organizational tips you'd like to share?
I am a neat freak.  I never to go bed with a messy craft room.  If you can start the day with a clean space you will more likely to step in the space and work☺

Any Budget Cost cutting tips?
Be creative and resourceful.  There are a lot of fun things around you that you can use.  Save old greeting cards that you might have easily tossed and use the blank white side for card stock.  Just keep your eyes open.  You will be surprised at what you find.

What are the web addresses to all your places?

Do you sell any of your crafting projects?
I do sell my products.  I will soon have an Etsy store but for now I sell all my products on my blog.
If so, where can one purchase them? (websites email, etc.)

Be Sure to check out her Blog!
01 09 10