Sunday, December 7, 2014

10 Handmade Gifts in 10 Days ~ Day 3!

Coasters! 

I had fun making these. I had purchased these "wood" coasters at Craft Warehouse when I first moved back here to Oregon. I had never been in a Craft Warehouse before, quite cool! That was just over 3 years ago. Some days feels like yesterday others feels like a lifetime ago.

Anyhow, as I have been going thru my scrapbook and crafting items the past 6 months or so and destashing i found several sets of them. I've had them sitting out on my desk, many times they've gotten buried under other projects. Then I fond them again just recently for probably the 100th time, but this time I had ideas! Simply because of the paper that I had been cleaning up from another project inspired me to make these. I made 3 sets and am still torn on what to do with the last 4th set.

I picked out my papers and trimmed then and corner rounded them. Then sanded the coasters. Painted both sides and the edges to match the papers. Then I adhered the papers to the coasters. Then I sprayed them with Lacquer from a (spray paint can)! Yes, they have it in a spray paint form now! how Sweet! So much easier than brushing on with a paint brush cleaning the brush in between each coat and worrying about the paint brush marks.

Here's my Mickey Mouse ones!

 Front Side
Back Side 
 Available in my Etsy Shop for purchase HERE


Here's my Tinkerbell ones!


Front Side 
Back Side
Available in my Etsy Shop for purchase HERE


Here's my Nightmare Before Christmas/Jack Skellington ones!


Front Side 
Back Side
Available in my Etsy Shop for purchase HERE


If you've made any or make any I'd love to see yours, leave a link in the comments below to your coaster creations!

Until Next Time...
Happy Crafting!
TTFN The Scrapoholic aka Jill

01 09 10