Saturday, December 13, 2014

10 Gifts in 10 Days! Day 9

Birthday DIY Calendar Sign/Wall Decor

This is my first one of these to make. I have several others in progress but not even close to being finished. This one is almost complete, but not quite. I'm undecided on what to do for the "names" & "dates" and how to "attach" them together under each month. I have several ideas I'm working on but as usual my pain gets in my way of my creativity. You can find many different designs on "Pintrest" which I have a love/hate relationship with. I love it cause it gets my creative juices flowing and I've learned many new things. I hate it because somehow I loose days at a time being on there, I start out on Mon. with my cup of coffee and next thing I know its Thurs and time for bed. Just kidding its not that bad but I do loose alot of hours "browsing" and "pinning." Anyways, Just do a search for "birthday signs" and you'll see where I got my inspiration from!

I had this wooden "plaque/sign", I purchased years ago at Craft Warehouse. I painted the "sign" a dark brown (its not as dark as it looks in the picture), the background paper is a lt. blue with white gloss flowers. For the "birthdays" word and mats, I used gold flower "embossed" paper, blue cardstock for the mat. I used white card stock and a sizzix flourish die to make the flourish die cuts. The "letters" are from Sizzix alphabet dies and I used "lagoon" (i think thats the name?) CTMH Cardstock for the shadow letters, and CTMH print (forget what collection the paper is from) for the top letters. I inked all the edges of all the papers because i'm an "inkaholic", if I don't ink the edges, i have this compulsion to do so and its bad. Its not that things don't look good if their not inked but if its mine and I don't i loose sleep over it no matter how great it turned out. Anyways, I then used CTMH Stamp set, Cherish the Day (S1111),  for the "months", i thought it worked perfect for this. Sadly, i havd this stamp set for years and this is only the 2nd time I've used it.



Close up of the "birthdays" wording & matting


Close up of the "months" stamped with CTMH "Cherish the Day" (S1111) stamp set Satmped in blue ink


When I finally finish this sign I will post my final choice of how I decided on the "names" & "Dates" and how I decided to go about attaching them.

Until Next Time...
Happy Crafting!
TTFN The Scrapoholic aka Jill


01 09 10