Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 Days of Handmade Gift Giving Blog Hop ~ Day 1

Today is the First day of 30 Days of Blog Hopping!



Each day You will find a link to blog to visit with some awesome "gift" project with some sort of "recipe" or Instructions on how they made it. Some will have their projects available for sale too! This hop is quite different than most because you only have one blog to visit in one day. So you get to really get the project, maybe even try one yourself and check out the rest of their blog too! Maybe follow the blogs. Please, be kind and leave them some "love Behind" (comment on their project/post).


Sorry for posting a little later today, we had a massive downpour of rain an hour before Trick or Treat started. Which in turn knocked out our internet for several hours, not a happy camper as I was almost done uploading my video. We didn't get it back til about 10pm thinking I could try to upload before i went to bed, ha! joke was on me, i was up til midnight trying to get it to go but the internet kept going out. Guess who will be getting a call yup, Quest my internet provider! that's what i get for making my video so late, hopefully I can get the rest banged out and uploaded in a better time manner for my next blog post. If there is any problems with the embedded video check my You Tube Channel for Countdown Calendar Tutorial HERE.

Today I am the first Blog you will be going to. So just get comfy and sit back and enjoy my Countdown Calendars.

I used a 5x7 clear acrylic frame which you can get at (maybe, depending on your area and stores), most craft stores, Dollar Tree, 99 cent store ( I never find them at these cheap stores.), Department Stores. They range from $1 (which I never find those ones, but I know others have) to about $3 depending again on your area. Just some of your scrap papers, some diecuts of your choice, ink, if you like to ink your stuff like me, border punch, ribbon, etc. whatever you want to make your style Countdown calendar. To be able to attach jump rings you will need a Cropodile to punch thru the acrylic frame and your finished "mat". While making you design remember to keep in mind where it is your going to have your countdown numbers and the style and size. I did a video tutorial, (scroll past the pictures to the video) which I hope I explain it well enough.

5x7 Acrylic Frame Disney Mickey Mouse Countdown Calendar

Christmas Disney Tinkerbell Countdown Calendar

5x7 Acrylic Clear Frame Train Scene Countdown Calendar Whiteboard/Eraseboard




Get The Zipped Mickey Head Files (formats MTC/SVG/ESP/AI) HERE

Come back tomorrow to find out which Blog you will be visiting for another Handmade Holiday Gift!

Until tomorrow...
Happy Crafting!
TTFN Jill (aka The Scrapoholic)

01 09 10