Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Days of Handmade Gift Giving Blog Hop ~ Day 13


Today is the 13th day of Handmade Gift Giving! 


Today is me again. I sure hope you aren't getting tired of me! I do have 6 more days throughout the month. But we have 11 other wonderful, talented Ladies still too throughout the month! I am excited to see what they are going to do too, as I don't know either :)


As I said yesterday to day is more candles, as I split my post to cover yesterday's last minute cancellation.
Today I did little voitive candles. Not the tea lights but the ones that are about 1.5" to 3" tall and about 1" to 2" round.  These too are easy and some are quick some take a little more patience and time. 

I again used the flameless candles. I bought the packages from Costco where they had tealights and voitives together.  While I love scented candles and burning those, Iunless they are in a glass container, I can't alter them and burn them. I have this beautiful candle, my friend gave my husband and I for our wedding and we burned it just a little but then it got to the point where it was carved it would be ruined and because we love both my friend, the candle, and its a gift from her on a special day we don't burn it anymore.  I love the flameless cause I can burn (turn them on) and still get the beauty of both the altered candle and the light effect too. On top of that its less of a fire hazard, so long as the battery isn't corroded.

The first ones I did, I used my CTMH Card Commentary word Stamps. I used a pigment based ink, as it will stick better than a water base on the candles. Even though they are flameless candles they still have the "wax" as a real candle. So I rolled the candle very slowly, as the candle will slide if you go too fast, over the stamp.  I then added embossing powder over the candle, using a small tipped paint brush  to brush away any extra emboss powder there was around the words.  Then very very carefully used my heat gun, held at a good distance away, heated the emboss powder to the melting point without melting the wax on the candle too much.

Stamped with silver pigment ink

embossed with silver emboss powder and rhinestones added for extra glam!


 Wish, Love, Dream Stamped and embossed in silver with rhinestones added for extra glam!

Wish, Love, Dream Stamped and embossed in Gold with rhinestones added for extra glam!


 Votive Candles, CTMH Markers to ink the edges of the adhesive backed paper lace.

Paper lace inked edge in Sky blue, the flowers inked in pink with blue rhinestones


The Paper lace is inked in green with cranberry grossgrain ribbon and a plastic Gold bow in the middle

 The Paper lace is inked in green with cranberry grossgrain ribbon and a plastic Gold bow in the middle


 The Votive candle is lit. The Paper lace is inked in green with cranberry grossgrain ribbon and a plastic Green bow in the middle. 

 The Paper lace is inked in green with cranberry grossgrain ribbon and a plastic Green bow in the middle

 The Paper lace is inked in green with a plastic Red bow in the middle



The Paper lace is inked in green with a plastic Green bow in the middle.

Please be kind and leave some love for Gifts for inspiration and writing up tutorials/instructions. Check out their blogs if you've got time too.

If your just Joining us here is the Past Days of The Hop! It's one Blog a day for 30 Days of Gift making Ideas and projects!


Simply Click their names to go to their blogs

Day  1 ~ The Scrapoholic ~ Countdown Calendar 
Day  2 ~ Jessica The Creative Stamper ~ Wreath
Day  3 ~ Debbie DD's Crafts ~ Notepad
Day  4 ~ Sarah Pink Cricut ~ Scarf
Day  5 ~ The Scrapoholic ~ Alterted Paper Mache Book
Day  6 ~ Crafty Queen ~ Calendar
Day  7 ~ Playing with Paper ~ Candle
Day  8 ~ The Scrapoholic ~ Recycled Jars/Containers
Day  9 ~ The Scrapoholic ~ Altered Clipboard
Day 10 ~ Thatz Uneek ~ Altered File Album
Day 11 ~ Kinderstampo ~ table setting 
Day 12 ~ The Scrapoholic ~ Candle

Don't Forget to check out my 30 Days of Christmas Cards too. 
Today's isn't posted yet, will be posted in just a little bit


Until Tommorrow...
Happy Crafting!
TTFN Jill (aka The Scrapoholic)


01 09 10