Friday, November 11, 2011

My World Famous Christmas Fudge

The other day on the 30 Days of Handmade Gift Giving, I posted some altered jars that i make to put my World Famous Fudge in.  Its funny cause people always ask me for the recipe and I tell them its a family secret recipe and for years people believed me until one of my kids blurted it out that its on the back of a Fluff container. Yes, Fluff that sweet, gooey, yummy stuff to make fluffernutter (a sandwich made with Marshmallow fluff and peanut butter)sandwiches.  Fluff is extremely different that Jet Puff marshmallow! People confuse them all the time. I've tried the jet puff marshmallow recipe and my fudge has never hardened. People have tried the Fluff recipe and say its not the same as mine and ask what i do different. Honestly I don't do anything different except i don't really measure the butter or vanilla extract and maybe add a tad bit more chocolate chips but not enough to make that big a difference.

This is the fluff container, its not always available everywhere. 

I actually have it imported from NH. I couldn't find it in OR or CA. But I remember one day we were in Albertsons (a grocery store chain), and my husband yells from the next aisle over OMG! they have fluff! however they wanted $5 for a container that is half the size i get from NH and its in glass. It was still cheaper for me to have it imported from NH. how much I make each year depends on how many are on my naughty and nice list. :) and how many order from me. Yes, I sell my homemade fudge by the lb.


Sometime during shipment the containers loose their shape, once open they bounce back, but on occasion they explode fluff all over the place!  Its a sticky gooey mess!

So here is the Recipe on the back of the container:
Ingredients:

5 cups of Sugar
2 small (5oz) cans of evaporated milk 
1/4 lb. butter or margarine 
1 jar (16 oz.) marshmallow Fluff
1 teaspoon of salt

1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup of walnut meats ( I do NOT add any kind of nuts to my fudge!)
2 large (12 oz) pacages semi-sweet chocolate peices

how to make:

1. Combine first five ingredients in a large sauce pan, stir, over low heat until blended.

2. Bring to boil over moderate heat, being careful not to mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling. Then boil slowly, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. (use soft ball test).

3. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate and Vanilla (and nuts if used) until chocolate is melted. Pour into 2 buttered 9x9 inch pans and cool

yields 5 Pounds of Fudge.

I sell my Fudge in containers of all sizes, if your interested in ordering some fudge from me email me at thescrapoholic (@) gmail.com subject fudge.  I charge $5 for a lb. if you'd like it in a decorated box or jar starts at $5 and up depending on size jar and how much its decorated. I always ship it USPS Priority so it gets there within usually 3 days sometimes takes up to 5 since its during the busy season. I do NOT take orders after Dec. 13th as that is usually the date the USPS does NOT guarantee any delivery times as they get swamped with packages and letters.

Until Next time...
Happy Crafting!
TTFN Jill aka The Scrapoholic

01 09 10