Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Days of Handmade Gift Giving Blog Hop ~ Day 5


It is Day 5 of 30 Days of Handmade Gift Giving Blog Hop!


I sure hope you enjoyed yesterdays Gift Idea!

Today is a New Place to visit for Inspiration! 

Today You are going to visit ME!





Today I am the Blog you will be going to, so actually you won't be going anywhere. So just get comfy and sit back and enjoy my altered papermache book. I purchased it at Joann's, I think for $3.99, had it so long I forget. It opens up to be able to store things in. I got the inspiration from someone's blog they did theirs quite different and for decoration. While mine has a multi-purpose use. It can be displayed as a decoration and at the same time be a keepsake for Letters to Santa over the years that your kids write and/or Santa writes back.  I sell these for $10 + shipping. If you'd like a custom made one let me know I can do them in different colors and things too. Just email me at TheScrapoholic@gmail.com.  So I basically painted several light good coats, letting each coat dry before you apply the next the book brown with gold acrylic paint as seen here:


I added a printed sticker to the book.

The opened view of the book

Then I started with all these supplies:


I then inked all paper edges in Pear CTMH Ink. I adhered the CTMH Mistletoe papers down with my ATG gun and glue dots. The Stamp of Santa is a CTMH clear acrylic stamp set retails for $9.95 which if you'd like to purchase email me thescrapoholic@gmail.com, I can send you an evite link to shop online and order the stamp and a other stamps, papers or supplies you may want.  I colored the stamp in with Gel Pens, the beard I highlighted the lines with a silver gel pen. I added green gross grain ribbon, paper flowers cut with the cricut with a 1" red circle and a clear Christmas sticker and prima poinsettias center embellished in the middle with CTMH pearls. I added more CTMH white pearls in the top left corner of the green paper. I hand wrote "Letters to Santa" with my CTMH Holiday Red and Chocolate color markers. 
This is the finished front Cover:



This is the inside of the box decorated with just some CTMH Mistletoe Papers:



If your just Joining us here is the Past Days of The Hop! It's one Blog a day for 30 Days of Gift making Ideas and projects!
Simply Click their names to go to their blogs

Day  1 ~ The Scrapoholic ~ Countdown Calendar 
Day  2 ~ Jessica The Creative Stamper ~ Wreath
Day  3 ~ Debbie DD's Crafts ~ NotePad
Day  4 ~ Sarah Pink Cricut ~ Scarf

Don't Forget to check out my 30 Days of Christmas Cards too. Starts Day 1 Here


Until Tommorrow...
Happy Crafting!
TTFN Jill (aka The Scrapoholic)







If your just Joining us here is the Past Days of The Hop! It's one Blog a day for 30 Days of Gift making Ideas and projects!
Simply Click their names to go to their blogs

Day  1 ~ The Scrapoholic ~ Countdown Calendar 
Don't Forget to check out my 30 Days of Christmas Cards too. Starts Day 1 Here


Until Tommorrow...
Happy Crafting!
TTFN Jill (aka The Scrapoholic)

01 09 10